Clear History - Android Browser
How to clear internet search and browser history on your Android phone:
To clear your search history:
- In the list of your previous searches, tap the 'History' link, and select 'Clear History'.
- Select 'OK' to clear the displayed searches.
Note: This will only clear the searches that are displayed on your screen. If you want to manage the rest of your search history, follow the instructions below.
If you're signed in to your Google Account:
- Tap 'Settings', then select the 'Web History' link to view and remove previously saved searches.
- If you don't want your searches to be saved, tap 'Settings', then under the 'Search History' section select 'Do not save searches'. Be sure to save your preferences.
If you're not signed in to a Google Account:
- Tap 'Settings', then select 'Clear saved searches' to remove your previous searches.
- If you don't want your searches to be saved, tap 'Settings', then under the 'Search History 'section select 'Do not save searches'. Be sure to save your preferences.
To clear your browser history, follow these steps:
- Open the browser on your Android device.
- Press the 'Menu' button.
- Tap 'More'.
- Tap 'Settings'.
- Scroll down the 'Privacy settings' and tap 'Clear history'.
- Tap 'OK'.
Note: If any unwanted history information is still appearing elsewhere, you may have to clear your cache and cookies from the same Privacy Settings menu. For more support and additional information, visit Google's Android Help page.